Friday 16 February 2018

I went on a date and took a drone... so can a pilot score with a chick?

 buy a mavic
  
Ok so if you ever have nothing planned with a blind date would you take your camera...? The answer for me is yes... I thought getting a girl involved with photography would be nice as well as showing off my skills and to get her involved taking pictures... 
youtubeThe good thing is that it took the stress off trying be impressive on the date... The bad thing that taking photos was more fun then the general conversation... The majority of the time was to tell her abut the general rule of thirds and other nuggets of information...  The rest of the time was trying to drop subtle hints that I liked her... 
The afternoon started off well but she could only stay a hour or two before she went off to work... This meant I had a time limit and its hard to anything within a hour glass in your mind... I had a choice to play it cool or just go with the flow... 
dji storeAnyways the time was ticking and I though the photography isn't doing anything to impress her so its time to bring out the drone... Maybe seeing the local park with my flying skills might equate me to some sort of hero status or something... She  just happily carried on snapping with my camera and ignored me...  Hold situation was flawed as I was occupied with the drone and she was busy making pictures of the park... I ended up giving her a lesson on how to fly a drone and she dam well near crash the thing... 

You could of given me a Oscar for holding in my emotions but I got back my drone in one piece... Anyway a long story short, I think I missed read the signs and thought things went well enough for a kiss goodbye... But she buggered off before you could say "Harvey Weinstein", thinking the opposite way to what I was feeling... 
http://click.dji.com/AK8MyhdtCInP3RY00eci…later on her message back on the date was clear she dont want to date someone for now... And I cut my losses and learnt from the experience... And I blamed it on the fact girls and drones don't mix... or if they do then it must be some unique special unicorn kind of luck that they do... either way I'll think twice about whipping out your mavic to impress anyone except middle age men or kids who haven't seen a drone before...
       

No comments:

Post a Comment