Friday 5 January 2018

I’ve been testing my crystal sky monitor (ultra bright 2000 not version) with a few modifications... First of all I didn’t have a proper DJI tablet holder for the Mavic... but instead used a coat hanger wire to solve a problem where the battery over hangs out in the back making it difficult for this tablet to sit flush with the back plating.., The screen shines quite a lot making the monitor hard to distinguish the screen from the ghost images of the reflections... To solve this I have replaced the surface with a special anti glare screen... This was cut from a iPad Pro screen by the sales guy who sold me the screen... And later a usb micro connector to connect the side of the monitor to the bottom of the mavic controller...

The system works perfectly with the brightness turned up you can see the screen in bright daylight... and with little lag or low latency you can fly with confidence... I found myself flying further and closer to the action with no glitches to the controller... Although it runs hot and noticed leaving it on you have to touch the screen firmly to register a screen... This was not a problem but now I would click the power button once to place the tablet in sleep mode... ( this helps to cool the tablet) Turning the tablet on from sleep mode is simple either push the power button or turn on the controller... (it supposed to recognize the controller turning on and would start up accordingly)

The crystal sky processor, I would say is slower then my iPhone 7+ and the play back of 4k videos is strained... but besides it being a android tablet and has a unique or different filing system to the iPhone... The crystal sky monitor is really a good basic screen with a reasonable SD card reader and file transfer system... to expect it to replace my iPhone 7 is asking too much... Although the new update now allows third party apps... I wouldn’t expect the current system to be a All in one solution in the future... Instead just enjoy it for what it is a great way to frame your subject and to feel confident in presenting your flights to other people in a professional or teaching environment...

No comments:

Post a Comment