Saturday 20 January 2018

Meterology one of the Sujects you might want learn for your PFCO...

Ok something Ive picked up in general is that a good majority of drone pilots Ive seen and talked to is that they hate the weather...

Weather it is the actual conditions outside or the theory side of the multiple questions on the written test... I was invested in knowing the weather patterns since I have to wait for the perfect onshore winds for the work I do...

Using the met office and other smart phone apps. I initially tarted without a clue and that the numbers was meaningless...

Only when I've applied the need of finding the right conditions for kite-surfing did this sink in...

the weather
UAV forecast is a good app to get into it tell you the direction ( well sort of a arrow) and XC weather... I would use  the live weather app too because it states the changing direction of wind as each hour passes or the day... You'll have to pay to unlock the weather app to obtain the forecast for the week ahead but... I would try Weather Live or BBC weather or the weather channel on your iphone...



buy at DJIIn certain apps live weather live you will also get the sun rise and sunset... but funny enough not the tide tides... I would use the beach guide via www.thebeachguide.co.uk this is essential to me as high tides is the best times for most beach activities... This web site also gives guides to the general area if there is a ban on dogs and their owners to walk a certain area...





The beach guide...Most droner pilots have a used the weather guides to find the lowest winds and the sunniest days... But for me I embrace the chaos and go for the winds... that favor my needs... it would mean more days out flying and that cant be too bad...






No comments:

Post a Comment